SUCCESS INDICATORS: Tips and Tricks of the Trade
USING THE INVITE TOOL
HAVING >200 PRODUCTS
ACTIVELY LISTING PRODUCT MONTHLY
SHOWING A RANGE OF CATEGORIES
WRITING UNIQUE PRODUCT DESCRIPTIONS
FREQUENTLY CONNECTING WITH DECASO
CELEBRATING THE RARETIES
BEING ACTIVE ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IN SHORT, THOSE WHO ENGAGE, WIN!
BASIC ACCOUNT SETTINGS
- View your listings, favorites and badges under ‘My Listings’.
- Update your cover photo regularly under ‘Gallery Settings' for a personalized storefront.
Changing Status of Listing
- Change the status of a listing by clicking “Edit” and selecting from the drop down menu at the bottom of the screen, then press save.
- Find more information here
CURATING YOUR GALLERY
1. Update your Gallery Banner Image quarterly
2. Curate your Gallery; put your best pieces on top!
3. Include your own social media handles
4. Ensure your contact information is always updated.
- Spread the word.
- Put on your website, Instagram and Facebook, along with a link back to www.DECASO.com.
- Find Member Badges here
CALLING OUT CUSTOM
Limited edition, one-of-a-kind or customizable contemporary pieces can be tagged "Bespoke". If your piece is able to be ordered in a custom finish or size, make sure your title clearly includes the word CUSTOMIZABLE or CUSTOM. Include ‘Contact dealer to request additional customization information’ in each of your product descriptions.
USE THE INVITE TOOL
- Allows you to send (personally) a note to those on your current mailing list, and when you add new product, they will be prompted to see it on DECASO.
- This correspondence remains private, DECASO does not track these names. Try it!
- More information here
Instagram and Facebook tips:
- Follow everyone in your business universe. Know the local design community. Read the trade magazines. Tag when you can and make sure to research relevant/popular # for your specialty.
- Follow us, tag us! @decasohome
- Color, video and faces get attention. As do Carousels.
- Individual product shots don’t tend to perform as well. § Tell a story vs selling a product.
- Create a strong call to action in your profile.
1. Capture Multiple Angles
2. Don’t Obscure Your Item
3. Use Lighting without shadow/glare
4. Capture the Entire Item
5. Avoid Blurriness
6. Document Damage
7. Don’t Add Watermarks
8. Don’t Use Photo Filters and Effects
9. Show Texture and Details
10.Show Labels, Artist Signatures
11. Show Complete Sets
DID YOU KNOW?
The more the merrier?
The more product you post on DECASO, the better. Since you do not pay per item, having more product on the site helps with Search Engine Optimization, internal site searches and getting noticed through all the marketing channels. We can help you post anything you need.
Product descriptions are *everything*?
Writing accurate, detailed and differentiating copy for your product descriptions makes all the difference in Search Engine Optimization success as well as general site searches. There are thousands of pieces out there and your copy can help your product get discovered – algorithms do not search images.
The CONTACT DEALER button is private?
When someone clicks the Contact Dealer on a product page, this auto-generates an email from their email to yours. (It is important that your email in your account settings is always up to date). When the dealer responds to the interested party (and all further correspondence) remains private; DECASO has no exposure to content within.